Monday, December 22, 2008

"I love you a latte"*

One of the things I think our dad did remarkably well was to manage a household of 5 women who were all vying for his affections. He made sure we all knew he loved us by finding special ways to connect with each of his daughters.

For me, one important connection was the latte. Although he normally drank regular drip coffee, he would make lattes when I was home, and we would share a moment or two in the morning, enjoying the warmth and the wonderful aroma. That's why today's gift is a Caribou Coffee gift card.

I was looking through old pictures to post, and here's one from Vacation '04 in Arkansas. Although it's not of a latte, it does include two important components: coffee and conversation. Dad's improvising a coffee mug and sharing a moment at the table with Heather.

Thanks, dad, for all those special moments over a steaming cup of coffee. I'm sending warm thoughts your way!



*That quote is from a kitchen towel given me by Grandma last Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Emily said...

He has always done a good job of finding that special thing to share with each of us!